The box office and ticketing operation of a venue is not only a major source of revenue but is also subject to legislation and codes of conduct, therefore, it is imperative that it is managed in an professional manner.
The aim of this session is to introduce the functions related to ticketing events at venues and the relevance of the ticketing function across all aspects of the organization including operations, sales & marketing, finance, information systems and customer service.
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Identify different types of ticketing strategies
- Know about different ticket types
- Understand how ticketing impacts on other areas of the venue
- Ticketing strategy
- Ticketing systems
- Ticketing distribution
- Accounting practices and settlement
- Hiring agreement
During this 60 minute session, students will review the basics of ticketing in a range of scenarios, matching the best ticketing strategy to events and venues. The class also looks to the future of ticketing, and the part technology will play in this ever emerging area of managing an venue.
Catering in the venue industry is a fundamental vehicle for both customer experience delivery and is a significant income stream for the venue.
This module is a fully interactive session relying on student experiences to demonstrate the application of the principles outlines within the notes, and demonstrate current catering practices in student venues.
In this course each student will learn:
- Trends in catering that apply to venue catering
- The key compliance issues relating to venue catering operations
- How to identify and implement improvements to their venue’s catering service
Students will cover a variety of topics including:
- What drives patrons to buy
- Changes that can be made to drive increases in per head spend
- The value of packaging food and beverage as part of the event experience
- Deal with issues of liquor service in venues
Ahead of attending the School, students will be asked to provide sample photographs relating to their catering service.
During the 60 minute session, the class will undertake group discussion identifying the key elements of the various samples which make or break the catering offering.
In a truly interactive and engaging session, all students will have the opportunity to see what other venues around the world are doing to provide the best food and beverage experience to their customers.