Technology is the backbone of any modern venue and reliable and well structured information is the lifeblood of a successful venue manager. Gone are the days when computers and technology were seen as the realm of computer wizards and technicians. Modern managers are expected to have a sound systems knowledge, be able to develop Information Strategies (IT) appropriate to their organisation and be able to lead teams in the specification, selection and implementation of new information systems and technology.
Using a case study, this course take you through the steps of determining an IT strategy and then outlines an approach to specifying, selecting and developing an implementation plan for a new information system.
Outline the role of information technology in a modern venue
- Provide a understanding of some systems concepts.
- Develop an understanding as to the role of the venue manager in developing an appropriate information technology strategy.
- Develop an understanding of the role of a venue manager in developing a system specification, selecting an appropriate system and developing an implementation plan for the new system.
The uses of information technology in a modern venue
- An overview of systems terminology
- Developing an information systems strategy for your venue – how does this fit in with your overall organisational strategy
- Improving the capacity of your organisation to successfully deliver Information Technology projects
- The role of the systems owner in the specification, selection and implementation of new systems
Your venue has just been through a refurbishment/re-branding exercise. Develop and present a social media strategy for delivering this message to the industry and the public in general.