Project management and tendering are both integral and substantial components of the venue and event management industries. This course is designed to give participants a broad overview of the critical components of project management and tendering. Although the overview of these areas is by no reason meant to be all inclusive, it will give a guide for future project management efforts.
This course is designed to give students an insight into, or further understanding of:
Project management principles
- Basic project management concepts
- Tendering and outsourcing for services
- Important considerations for outsourcing
- Importance of good contracts
Students will cover a variety of topics including:
- Project planning
- Project reporting
- Governance and risk management
- Outsourcing and tendering
- In-house VS outsourcing of services
- Contract management
This session will combine presentation, practical examples and case studies. Open discussion by students on their own experiences in these areas will be encouraged. The presenter will provide an overview of a number of real case studies and outcomes around this topic.