Negotiation is an everyday occurrence in the venue industry. Whether it be a high level deal to secure event activity in a particular venue, negotiating contracted services to the venue, or just low-level discussion/negotiation between members of management and staff.
This module is designed to cover a range of skills that can be used in any negotiations.
In this course each student will learn:
- The value of a good negotiation
- Traps and bad behaviour to avoid
- Tips to assist with negotiations.
- Definition of negotiation
- What makes a good negotiation
- Why does it fail sometimes
- How can we improve
- Tips to enhance our skills
During this session, students will undertake a 20-minute workshop in the following format:
- The class group will be split into 6 groups
- 3 competing panels to work through a scenario negotiation
- Following the workshop each group will be asked to discuss the process outcomes and flaws of the process just undertaken