The purpose of this workshop is to gain a greater understanding of the key elements of communication and presentation skills. Understanding these basic elements will allow participants to prepare a presentation and deliver it with confidence in their workplace.
- Identify the characteristics of good communication in a presentation
- Identify the elements of a good presentation.
- Complete a simple presentation planning process.
- Understand the importance of the structure of a presentation.
Welcome and Program Overview
- Purpose of the program
- The process that will be used
- What will be the individual’s commitment and benefit
- Identify participant’s expectations
- Group discussion on the elements of good communication
- Relate this discussion to the workplace
- Develop an action plan for performance improvement
Preparing for a Presentation
- Identifying the elements needed for an effective presentation
- Develop a simple presentation outline
- Prepare to deliver a two minute presentation
Presentations and Feedback
- Participants will deliver a short presentation
- Feedback and closing comments
This one hour program will be a combination of lecture, practical demonstration and individual exercises.