Following on from Risk Management 1, students have a basic overview of the principles of this discipline. This course aims to build on these principles focussing on the interrelated disciplines of business continuity and crisis management, Event Risk Management, Enterprise-wide risk management and more.
In this course students will:
- Understand the application of contemporary risk management principles across their business
- Gain knowledge of mitigating against high impact risks that drive disasters
- Gain some knowledge of project and financial risk management and consider some basic principles of risk financing and benchmarking
- Risk management frameworks
Business continuity and crisis management
- Enterprise-wide risk management
- Event risk management
- Project risk management
- Financial risk and risk transfer
The session will involve a combination of lecture style delivery on basic principles but active learning through discussion on vetting event risk assessments.
There will also be a group exercise in dealing with a crisis. This would probably involve an escalating crisis situation with planning discussion and debrief.