The purpose of this workshop is to gain a greater understanding of the key elements of the characteristics of a fully functioning team and how to go about building one. An enhanced understanding of these elements will enable you to create a significant impact within your team environment.
As a result of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of a fully functioning team.
- Identify the stages of team development.
- Complete a W.I.S.H analysis of the team’s operation and develop a strategy for improvement.
- Understand the importance of goal setting in a team context.
- Enhance the key skills that contribute to developing team relationships and a co-operative problem solving attitude.
Welcome and program Overview
- Purpose of the program
- The process that will be used
- What will be the individual’s commitment and benefit
- Identify participant’s expectations
Team Building Activity
- Group discussion on the principles of effective team building
- Relate this discussion to the workplace
- Develop an action plan for performance improvement
W.I.S.H. Analysis of the Team
- Review Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats of the Team
- Develop a team action from the results of the W.I.S.H. Analysis
Closing Comments and Feedback
- Participant feedback and closing comments
During this 90-minute session students will experience a combination of lecture, group discussion and undertake group activities designed to bring them together as a team and also to demonstrate team building activities that they can apply back in the workplace